Saturday, May 16, 2015

Podcasting


                 Last week, I was introduced to, and had the opportunity to explore, podcasts. Now, I knew what podcasts were. I had just never listened to one. The amount of podcasts available is mind blowing and quite overwhelming. Basically any subject you could think of there's a podcast for it, which means that it could be a phenomenal resource for the classroom. However, to sort through all the ones that are unhelpful and find one that covers the topic you want in a way that could enhance a lecture is extremely time consuming.  In a half hour of surfing through all the podcasts available from ITunes, I found a lot of interesting podcasts but none that I would use in a classroom without modifying. Given this, if a teacher has time it would more effective for the teacher to create  their own podcasts. Such podcasts could be good for kids to listen to at home and for review of materials. Not to mention, if a kid had been sick or away, podcasts would be a simple way to keep the child on track with school. I'm definitely keeping this in mind for my future classroom and can't wait to create a podcast of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment