Friday, May 29, 2015

Website Design


            Who knew designing a website could be so easy?

             Today I learned just how easy it truly was as a guest speaker in my ED 270 class walked the class through a tutorial on WordPress. In under an hour we learned how to create a page, a website theme, links, videos, blog posts,  and so much more. It's been a long time since I learned so much in such a small time frame, and actually enjoy myself while doing so. The tutorial made me extremely excited to dig further into the world of website design and start my own websites. The uses for having my own websites are mind blowing in their breadth and depth. One use I will take advantage of in the future is creating a website for my classroom. Having a website where I can easily communicate to students and parents what lessons, tools, etc. we're going to be doing in class is invaluable. I could even use the website to have notifications when exams and projects are due, post a calendar of school and class activities and even update parents on how their students are doing. The possibilities are only limited to your imagination when it comes to website design, and that is an amazing thing. One that I can't wait to take advantage of myself and hopefully gift my future students with.

No comments:

Post a Comment