Thursday, May 7, 2015

Real or Hoax?

           
              Last Friday, my teacher for ED 270 gave the class the opportunity to test out real and hoax websites. It was a really fun experience-- the class was laughing as we scoped and evaluated sites about pregnant men, the country of Ruritania, and jackalope conspiracies. I found this lesson entertaining but also very helpful as it taught us how important it is to teach our future students about safe Internet usage and how to identify legitimate and accurate websites. From this activity, I plan on teaching my students about how to identify fake websites, especially before I have them explore the Internet or do research projects. It might even be a fun to have the students create their own websites and then have the class see if they can spot which ones are real or fake, using the students' creations. Overall, this is definitely a lesson to keep in mind for my own course work and for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment